Hitch makes transferring files on the go a snap – all without a computer! Hitch can connect USB devices such as digital cameras, digital audio/video players, USB flash drives and more. Hitch is compatible with many brands of digital devices, such as Apple, Creative, iRiver, Samsung, Sony, Canon, Nikon, Casio, Olympus, Panasonic, Philips – virtually any device with a USB connection. The pocket-sized Hitch will transfer music, video, photos, documents, and more.
Hitch not only delivers freedom from your computer, it does so with blazing speed. It will transfer a digital photo in under 3 seconds, while an entire album can be sent in 75 seconds! In addition, there is no better way to transfer digital video from a family outing than with Hitch. A two-hour video file can be sent in 15 minutes!
- Song: (4MB) 5 seconds
- Album: (15 songs) 80 seconds
- Photo: (2MB) 2.5 seconds
- Video (30 min) 3 minutes
- Video (2hr) 12 minutes
Hitch is compliant with all Digital Rights Management (DRM) copy-protection, allowing you to choose who has permission to experience your media. Hitch is compatible with Mass Storage Devices, Photo Transfer Protocol (PTP), Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) at USB 2.0 speeds. Hitch is easy to use – the bright white backlit LCD Display and speedy scroll-wheel make navigation smooth. The intuitive interface makes it easy to select single files, entire albums, or the whole collection – it’s all up to you.
How it Works
- Plug the source device into one USB port on Hitch
- Plug the destination device into the other USB port
- Select the file or folder you want to transfer using the high-speed scroll wheel
- Press the SEND button and youre done! Its that fast.
Hitch was a hit at the 2006 CES, winning an Innovations Award from the CEA. According to CEA research, ease of transferring content is the top feature correlating with customer satisfaction for digital media players. Hitch is the answer that portable gadget owners have been waiting for to make transferring content easy, quick, and hassle-free away from the PC.
Hitch At A Glance
- Works with all major USB devices – iPodTM and other Digital Media Players, Digital Cameras, Thumb Drives, Video Cameras, and more!
- Speedy scroll wheel for easy navigation
- No computer needed!
- USB 2.0 Compliant Device
- Upgradeable, LINUX based Operating System
- Reads MP3 Tag info and digital camera PTP Databases
- Bright, backlit LCD screen
- Charges USB Devices
- Rechargable Battery
Hitch units feature technology that appeals to everyone from the most basic of users to the elite power users. It can also charge any USB-chargeable device holding enough juice to fully charge two video iPodTM units via USB! Plus, its built on a Linux platform, which is fully upgradeable. A future software development kit will be available direct from Sima, for power users that would like to add functionality to the already numerous uses of Hitch.
- Supports Mass Storage (MS) devices including FAT 8/16/32
- Supports USB Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP) – Hitch will recognize a connected camera automatically
- Supports Media Transfer Protocol (MTP)
- LED file transfer indicator lights
- Supports MP3 ID3 file identification for title and artist file information
- Supports USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 Standards
- 2.5 monochrome LCD screen with backlight
- Provides up to 500mA at 5V to both ports simultaneously
- Provides file copy and deletion functionality to choice of destination folder
- LINUX based Operating System
- Firmware Upgradable through simaproducts.com
- 4.3” x 2.6” x 0.9”, 8 oz weight (including battery)
- Includes AC Charging Adaptor